Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGLX - One Camping POD Available

Grant

Hi all,

There is one camping POD available for SGLX, it sleeps two adults and two children (double bed and two single beds).

Price is £37 per night, if you already have a pitch booked you are welcome to swap and pay the difference.

One only, so first come first served, please let me know ASAP otherwise we will unreserve it from Lucksall..

Thanks,

Grant

Thank you Grant,

Just when we thought we would get a chance at our first look-see event. 

Is it possible to come along on the Friday evening to see what it is all about, but without booking to stay please?

Christine

In truth, I don't know exactly where the PODs are because last year, they had only build a few of them so I'm not sure where the new ones are located - perhaps somebody else might?

The other ones were reasonably close to the toilet block, so a little bit away from the rally field where the camping is. People in the PODs generally arrange to bring their telescopes etc.. over to the main area and share some space on somebodies pitch...

Hi,

It will not be possible for my husband and I to attend anything other than the Friday evening / night due to a funeral and other family commitments during that week and week-end. 

Is it possible to come along as 'observers', so to speak, on the Friday night please? We shall stay at a local Premier Inn so would not need to book any accommodation through yourselves.

Here's hoping !!

Christine

Hi,

It will not be possible for my husband and I to attend anything other than the Friday evening / night due to a funeral and other family commitments during that week and week-end. 

Is it possible to come along as 'observers', so to speak, on the Friday night please? We shall stay at a local Premier Inn so would not need to book any accommodation through yourselves.

Here's hoping !!

Christine

That will be fine Christine :smile:.  The only caveat is that you park your car at the campsite entrance so that when you leave you don't wreck everyone's night vision with your car lights :wink:

Helen

Hi Helen,

Thank you for that reply :smiley:. We have booked our Premier Inn and are looking forward to meeting you all. We shall be there during daylight and making VERY sure that we are facing outwards so we don't have to reverse out from anywhere, and will be at the farthest point of the car park possible !!!

Do we pay on the day or is any payment required beforehand?

One last thing ....... What sort of cake / biscuits / other goodies do we bring ??? 

Christine

No payment needed Christine - and any type of cake etc welcomed for the tea tent  :grin:   Don't forget to bring your mugs for tea/coffee :wink:, maybe a couple of chairs/stools,  and a redlight torch will be useful too

Look forward to meeting you

Helen

How many pods are here and what do they provide. Or what does one have to bring along? I am a tentless amateur and currently am "limited" to going to the Isle of Wight which has nice cosy fixed accommodation. Having another Starparty that one does not need to bring a tent and all that faff would be VERy interesting!! I travel light!

May be seeing you all next year, do bring some big dobs!

PeterW

Thank you 'Mark at Beaufort',

That information really helps with our planning. We thought the Premier Inn and Lucksall were much further apart.

Our red torches arrived today and I have made the 'goody shopping list' out already.

We are looking forward to the 20th very much indeed.

Kind regards

Christine & Richard 

Thank you 'Mark at Beaufort',

That information really helps with our planning. We thought the Premier Inn and Lucksall were much further apart.

Our red torches arrived today and I have made the 'goody shopping list' out already.

We are looking forward to the 20th very much indeed.

Kind regards

Christine & Richard 

If you need a hot drink later in the evening after the tea tent is finished, give me a knock on pitch 16, I'll make you one or boil you some water.

Don't get cold for the sake of asking. 

Archived