Narrowband

20 Things you might not know

robbie c

Found this so thought I'd post it                                                                                                                                              

http://www.viralnova.com/unknown-space-facts/#previous

I must admit I found some a bit hard to believe

2no The earth has more then one moon :eek: 

11no All the Planets in our Solar System could fit in the space between the Earth and the Moon :icon_scratch:    

Not sure that the description of the "moons" matches a moon/satellite. It says they travel in the same orbit as the earth not that they orbit the earth. Earth may not have a "moon" as such in one understanding. Our "moon" is sufficently big that we could be considered a binary planetary system.

Concerning 9 they left a set of corner cube prisms in an array of 10x10, they make i sound like a big mirror,

For 15 Is an extinct volcano still a volcano ?

According to Wikipedia that "moon" orbits the Sun, not the Earth. It is synchronised with  Earth's orbital motion and stays mostly confined to a pair of kidney shaped "loops" relative to Earth.

Probably an unstable orbit in the long term. Classic Three Body Problem!

11no All the Planets in our Solar System could fit in the space between the Earth and the Moon :icon_scratch:    

A quick adding of the diameters of the 8 true planets I got from a random website (don't know if they are mean or equatorial or whatever) comes out at 248986 miles. The mean radius of the Moon's orbit is (given by Wikipedia) 238900 miles. I guess that'll be orbital barycenter to the center of the Moon, so even less space surface to surface. 

So without looking further into it that claim might not be accurate.

I knew 14 of those. How true they are is anyone's guess. 

P.S.~~I didnt know that Apollo 11 ever stepped onto the Moon and left foot prints. I thought astronauts on board Apollo 11 stepped onto the surface and their footprints are still there today. 

I knew 14 of those. How true they are is anyone's guess. 

P.S.~~I didnt know that Apollo 11 ever stepped onto the Moon and left foot prints. I thought astronauts on board Apollo 11 stepped onto the surface and their footprints are still there today. 

Hactually, Apollo 11 was the mission. Eagle was the craft that Armstrong and Aldrin stepped off.  Or is that "stepped off of"? :D

Archived