Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking for a new dSLR

milkyjoe

Hi,

I currently own the Canon EOS M mirrorless camera and am happy with it.  I purchased it mainly because of the crazy cheap price of £199 (from Argos), but I soon read online that users weren't happy with it, mainly due to the slow AF and not so great image quality.

With that said and having my own experiences with it, I have decided to buy a "better" SLR camera for daytime use and a bit of astro imaging and keep my EOS M for video work.

I was thinking about the 600d or 650d; what are people's experiences with these cameras, do they produce good quality images? Does anyone have an EOS M and a 600/650d?  I appreciate it's not just the camera, but the lens you attach to it that is responsible for great quality pics.  I purchased a couple of vintage Zeiss lenses recently, namely the 50mm and 135mm Sonar's, which I plan to use with the new camera.

I have been watching lots of youtube videos and can't decide which one to go for, I don't want to spend a fortune otherwise I would buy a 5/7d! :grin:

Advice please.

Thanks. :smiley:

I use a Cannon 600D both as a camera on its own and also attched to either a Celectron 8SE or a Celestron 4in refractor. I find the fold out screen is a definite advantage for focussing and alignment. Recomended!

Old Codger

Archived