Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter AVI from the vault (Very good seeing)

Luis Campos

Hi guys,

I made a clean up during the weekend to my external hard disc and I found some very nice avis of Jupiter back from 2013, check this one out made with the 12" GSO (aka Dobzilla) a DMK21 (old chip) and a blue filter:

You Tube does A LOT of compression unfortunately, the original is sooooo much better but even so it's rather nice, how I miss a night like this, it's been rubish this entire season!!! AAArrrrghhhhhh!

Cheers,

Luís

Many thanks Simon!

This particular year (2013) was amazing in terms of general seeing, heck I had A LOT of good to very good seeing nights, not sure what was going on but lately...Oh boy, what a frustration frown.gif

You should see the red and greens channels, I'll put the image here for you to check, I think I never got to process this data, I ended up forgeting about it! tongue2.gif

Cheers,

Luís

Thanks Luis - envy does not adequately convey my feeling ;-) Splendid seeing, we should get two weeks of this for every planetary opposition :-)

Don't tease! Can you process and post theRGB.

Many thanks guys! Yes this was one of those very, very rare nights the atmosphere seemed to "disappear" :)

I was wrong, I did got to process this RGB data, haeck there's so many images I don't keep track of it any more :p

Here goes back from Jan. 2013

Best Jupiter

The conditions look promissing for the next days...let's see, fingers crossed!

Cheers

Archived