SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello to all in love with the stars

DragosN

My name is Dragos.

I'm an somehow old astronomer. More than 15 years ago I've build my first instrument, a refractor made from an photo lens, and a mount from some plywood, screws and other parts.

No, I have an Celesctron SC8, a Vixen SPDX, a 300mm f4 Newtonian telescope made by Orion Optics, for which I try to build a new body,  but I don't find time to do it. Another Newtonian, 8'', very old (8years),  which also need a new body, and many other stuffs. In not so many words, I have Gear Buying Addiction. I'm an visual astronomer, not that I don't like photography, but conditions are not proper for this.

I have visited  this forum many times, but never registered, because I'm a moderator on the biggest astronomy forum from my country (@stronomy.ro), and time is short. But now, I've decided to do it, cause I want to share some of my experience and ideas with astronomers around the world. And also to learn from your experience.   

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Dragos.

You have joined a great group of Amateur Astronomers.

SGL has  an abundance of knowledge in its membership, so if you need to know any answers,

just ask away. All are very helpful, so don't be shy.

Enjoy your stay with us.

Ron.

Archived