Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SBig STF-8300M filter options

Hi everyone,

I have been pushing myself to go down the road of a CCD camera over the option of the Canon 6d as I only wish to use the camera for Astrophotography.

Looking around at a comparable priced CCD I was drawn to the SBig STF-8300 series and the mono in particular as I wish to get the maximum out of my imaging sessions.

However, my budget will only allow for the camera at this time which would leave me with mono exposures until I have enough readies to buy filters and filter wheel.

My question to anyone who can help is, do I need a filter wheel to be able to utilise filters with the STF-8300M or can they be attached individually to the camera. I know that taking and stacking exposures that have elements of movement in them (hence the need for filter wheel) are not ideal but can it be done, ie will they screw into the camera nose piece etc.

Any advice that can be given is most welcomed, thanks in advance.

Archived