Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ptolemaeus-Alphonsus-Arzachel

Nick Smith

Hi Guys

First bash with a new scope and new camera. Recently acquired a C9.25 to use as a "travel" scope as I am going for an imaging trip (ahem!! family holiday) abroad soon. This is a mosaic of three very overlapping images taken in average seeing. Camera was a ZWO ASI174MM. I used a 4x Powermate, so including the filter wheel and Crayford focuser on the scope, this would probably be about F45-50?  In future, I would think about F30 would be more suitable for average UK conditions.  You live and learn...

original.jpg

If anyone is interested, looking at the videos I have a couple of other images of similar resolution to this one.  Let me know if you would like me to post them.

Looks like F45-50 might be a bit high but you have achieved great resolution. I am always interested to test the limits of my C9.25 so would be pleased to see the other images taken with this scope. The 174 is looking like a good camera but could you tell me what filter you used? I recall looking in awe at your images from Oxford and the Canaries with a C11 some years ago if memory serves me correctly. Keep em coming :)

Great image Nick. You have certainly pushed the focal length, but that has came out well :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph

Looks like F45-50 might be a bit high but you have achieved great resolution. I am always interested to test the limits of my C9.25 so would be pleased to see the other images taken with this scope. The 174 is looking like a good camera but could you tell me what filter you used? I recall looking in awe at your images from Oxford and the Canaries with a C11 some years ago if memory serves me correctly. Keep em coming :)

Hi Alan

Thanks for the comment.  It was with an Astronomik red filter.  I will definitely be posting a few more images taken with the C9.25 in the next month or so.

Cheers

Nick

Archived