Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helios Apollo High Resolution 15x70 binoculars

I am thinking of buying a pair of these binos which appear to get good reviews. I currently have the Celestron Skymaster 15x70, which are good, but I fancy a bit of quality.

In the details it states that it has threaded eyepiece units to accept standard 1.25” filters.

Three questions for those that might own these binos

• are the eyepieces removable?
  • are the filters screwed in the top or bottom of the eyepiece?
  • has anyone tried using UHC/OIII filters and are they successful viewing objects such as the Veil Neb?

Hi Mark. The eyepieces on the Apollo are not removable, the filters are fitted on the top, above the eye lens. I've used mine with a single O-lll to view the Veil with good success. It does obviously decrease the available eye relief, but with the eyecups rolled down, definitely useable. I'll eventually get round to getting a matching one for the other side as I think they would be great with the 20x110 (bigger eye relief). The 15x70 Apollo is great by the way, you won't be disappointed!

Hi Mark,

I can't specifically answer regarding the Apollo binos, but I have tried front mounted OIII and UHC filters on my 15x50's and have been successful in seeing the veil and NA nebulae with them from a dark site

Archived