Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

USB download limit ?

Davey-T

Does anyone know the file size downlod limit for USB sticks, on the Mac Book Pro if it makes a difference.

Recorded some AVIs on the MBP and the 3.4mb ones download to USB but 5.1mb ones won't download, get a message about the file size being exceeded,

Just transferring them to Win processing laptop.

Dave

Dave, do you mean GB rather than MB?

Any USB stick should be able to handle 3 or 5mb, but GB is where you will have an issue...

Most USB sticks are formatted in FAT32 format which has a maximum individual file size of 4GB so even if your stick is 8GB, the maximum individual file you can put on there is 4GB.

To get around this, you can split your file down or try compressing it in a ZIP file to get it below that limit. There is a free splitting program available here: http://www.hjsplit.org/ (this is just from a Google search, I have no experience using this myself but it may help get you started).

Cheers,

Grant

Dave, do you mean GB rather than MB?

Any USB stick should be able to handle 3 or 5mb, but GB is where you will have an issue...

Most USB sticks are formatted in FAT32 format which has a maximum individual file size of 4GB so even if your stick is 8GB, the maximum individual file you can put on there is 4GB.

To get around this, you can split your file down or try compressing it in a ZIP file to get it below that limit. There is a free splitting program available here: http://www.hjsplit.org/ (this is just from a Google search, I have no experience using this myself but it may help get you started).

Cheers,

Grant

Yes sorry meant GB, thanks for the link

Dave

Archived