Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jovian action Feb 26th

Space Cowboy

This is just a tiny segment of a 5 hour imaging feast from last night. Alas seeing was not great but I should in time (possibly 6 months!) have a animation covering the 5 hours. Started at 19.22 and finished 00.18 ut.

Quick animation covering 5 mins of Callisto & Europa occulation :

post-4016-0-64858300-1425074400.gif

Here is a 4 moons shot :

post-4016-0-85554900-1425074533_thumb.pn

Great work Stuart. I love these animations and that one shows the occultation beautifully. You certainly had a good night! The seeing is the pain of course - I don`t know what it was like here as I was unable to get out of the starting blocks last night. There was though a lot of celestial twinkling going on - so probably pants!

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, Nick & Robin! Getting there slowly. The field rotation over 5 hours is pretty dramatic! Still some gaps to fill in but its about 80% done :

Hmmm....it appears the gif animation is too large to play on here.

Thanks Pete I was just glad to get 5 hours of clear sky lol. Animation is 90% complete just a few avis to process where there are gaps. Seeing went terrible at one point when Io was in Callisto's shadow which was annoying!

gallery_4016_230_1547720.gif

Thanks Michael! Just looked at winjupos and if its clear Wednesday night I can capture the other 5 hours to make a full rotation starting from 19.30 ut!

Hope you get the conditions for this Stuart - good luck :)

Archived