Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax 6.1.0.8 MRU.INI problem

DougAtDallington

Hello!

I'm a newcomer to SGL (and a relative newcomer to serious amateur astronomy), and would appreciate some advice on a problem I'm having with Registax.

To get it to run once installed on my Win7 PC I had to use my Admin account to grant write rights to the Registax folder in Program Files (x86) for my normal user account. Now, when I try to 'Select' an AVI file for it to work on I get an error message that it can't write to the MRU.INI file. See attached screengrab.

I've searched the hard disk for this file - it doesn't exist - and I've set write permissions for just about every folder that I can think of, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Doug

post-42598-0-63546300-1424994535_thumb.p

An update on my earlier posting...

My email enquiry to Registax elicicted a response that I should run the software only in Administrator mode. Not very happy to do that because of security issues.

Can anyone recommend an alternative software package that does a similar job, but allows you to use it in non-Administrator mode?

Cheers,

Doug

Archived