SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Syscan Upgrade 3.37

Tinker1947

Does 3.37 do any more than:

1. Fix the bug which causes failure on resuming from Parking.

2. Supports more PC commands with increased compatibility with ASCOM software.

James

I run my mount via EQMod so the Handset in more or less redundant, not sure what the "more PC Commands" means, My GoTo Dob never gets parked and has no requiement to connect to a PC so might not bother to upgrade it....

not sure what the "more PC Commands" means

Perhaps it indicates that they've finally got round to supporting a larger subset of the nexstar protocol within the handset itself.  Potentially good news for those folks who prefer to keep the hanset in control of the mount and interface to a PC via celestron ASCOM driver rather than go the EQMOD route.

Chris

Perhaps it indicates that they've finally got round to supporting a larger subset of the nexstar protocol within the handset itself.  Potentially good news for those folks who prefer to keep the hanset in control of the mount and interface to a PC via celestron ASCOM driver rather than go the EQMOD route.

Chris

Thanks for that.....

I was out until 4am testing the new Firmware V3.37 and it behaved impeccably.  The first thing I did was to do a 1 star alignment and then park to home and go straight to a 2 star alignment and it was fine.  I parked a few times during the night and then picked object to slew to, including, Jupiter, M3 and M13 and it was problem free.

They've also changed the message you get when powering up the handset when it is not connected to the mount, it now says:

"Both axes... No response!"

I'm looking forward to testing it out too.

Still not option to skip through the alphabet lists of stars more quickly.

James

They've also changed the message you get when powering up the handset when it is not connected to the mount, it now says:

"Both axes... No response!"

I'm looking forward to testing it out too.

Still not option to skip through the alphabet lists of stars more quickly.

James

Yes I still think that is an annoyance not being able to get to stars quicker, but hey, when you look at life for some, it is not really a problem?  It is worth remembering that you can start from Z by using the up arrow if the first letter of the star you want comes after L!

I am not sure but I can't find a way to choose my own alignment stars other than scrolling through the list the HC gives you for alignment? Anyone know if there is a way please?

You could apply that same logic to anything, it would just be a nice update if there was a way to skip to the Ls :)

If you go into setup, alignment stars, advanced filter, turn this off and then it should allow you to pick the stars you want. Maybe also alter the "sort by" setting to list them how you want them to appear, alphabetically or magnitude.

Is that what you meant?

James

You could apply that same logic to anything, it would just be a nice update if there was a way to skip to the Ls :)

If you go into setup, alignment stars, advanced filter, turn this off and then it should allow you to pick the stars you want. Maybe also alter the "sort by" setting to list them how you want them to appear, alphabetically or magnitude.

Is that what you meant?

James

Nice one James, I will give that a go!

Archived