Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter's busy tonight

spike95609

Just been out for an hour - what a show!!, got the first Callisto shadow transit, watched it move across, 3 white ovals in a triangular shape on the Equatorial region below the North Equatorial belt, with a massive "rift" in the North Equatorial belt, just managed to see Io enter the disk - probably about 5 - 6 arc seconds on Jupiter's disk before I lost it in the glare, just managed Io's shadow right on the extremity of the disk as Callisto's shadow was at the other side of the disk - a lovely sight 1 on the East and 1 on the West - very nice.

Paul.

Very nice tonight here. Steady seeing too - 265x / 318x providing excellent detail and clarity. Wish my TV Planetary filter had arrived though, it would have been the perfect opportunity to 1st light it :rolleyes2:

Very nice tonight here. Steady seeing too - 265x / 318x providing excellent detail and clarity. Wish my TV Planetary filter had arrived though, it would have been the perfect opportunity to 1st light it :rolleyes2:

I will be interested to read your report on this one. I was using a blue filter and no filter last night to get the most out of it.

Archived