Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Attaching Canon lens to Atik 460ex

Wailin

Geopak adapter from Altair Astro but it's expensive. You could make one using a 1.25" nosepiece an the plastic bayonet end cap off a lens

Darren

------------------------------------------------

Twitter: @SalAstroSoc @Astronut1639 www.salfordastro.org.uk

Nexstar 8 GPS ADM MDS Rings & Counter Weights, Skywatcher ST80 & Synguider, Canon EOS 1000d,

Dew Heaters & 4 Channel Controller, Orbit Wedge, Observatory and not enough clear nights

Thanks Darren, I saw that one from Geoptik but I was wondering was there one available with threads for a 1.25" Ha filter?

The Geoptic does have a thread to take the 1.25" filters, I also own one.

The filter goes in a small ring with a thread in it, the whole ring can also rotate.......maybe it can be removed I guess.

I have only use my twice & it works perfectly with a lot of lenses.

The Geoptic does have a thread to take the 1.25" filters, I also own one.

The filter goes in a small ring with a thread in it, the whole ring can also rotate.......maybe it can be removed I guess.

I have only use my twice & it works perfectly with a lot of lenses.

Ah perfect so, sounds exactly what I need, thanks. I will be using a Canon 70-200mm 2.8 II lens with an Atik 460ex. Will I need to add spacers to get correct backfocus?

Ah perfect so, sounds exactly what I need, thanks. I will be using a Canon 70-200mm 2.8 II lens with an Atik 460ex. Will I need to add spacers to get correct backfocus?

You should be ok but I wont guarantee anything obviously, all I know is my Canon 100mm USM worked a treat as did my 200mm SMC Pentax-M.

You can buy an adjustable spacer for the Geoptic as well though, as on Altair website https://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16242&cat=319&page=1

Archived