Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A windy moon

Trevor N

Hi.

Ever since I first looked through a telescope I have been facinated by the Moon, and always enjoy looking a Lunar photos, but untill recently have not had the equipment to take my own. So now that I own sutable kit, and seeing your images, it's about time I dived in and started doing my own Lunar Imaging.

Dave.

Thanks Steve. Must try PIPP as you suggest. I used a x2 and x3 Barlow for the images. Seeing wasn't wonderful even when the image settled down between gusts but it's all good fun !

Have a go Dave. There's always something to image. Seeing is everything but if poor you can back off and get wide field shots.Trevor

I agree with blazer, the control of the exposure is very good. A good level of detail too under what sounds like trying conditions. People on the forum seem to be getting good results with mono cameras in poor seeing by using an ir pass or just a red filter.

Thanks for the comments. Some of the files didn't run through Registax as the image was jumping about so much. I use a fringe killer on the achro and find that helps usually. I will have to try a red filter and see if that makes a difference., Trevor

Nicely processed images, good work!

Some of the files didn't run through Registax as the image was jumping about so much.

These are just the type of videos that PIPP's new surface stabilisation is designed to help process.  This worked example shows it in action:

https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/example-uasge/example8

Cheers,

Chris

Archived