Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 21/02/15 @ 23:05 GRS transit

rodrigol

A stack of Jupiter GRS transit last night. The seeing was not great (lots of turbulence from my site) and this is as good as I managed to process a stack of 1000 frames with PIPP, A2S and PS.

This is the second time I went out this year to do stuff with my scopes so I'm happy with the results. I tried to sharpen but that introduced a lot of ugly artifacts. The first time was to test the Starsense camera. I will report on that in a separate post.

post-18051-0-03560600-1424605779.jpg 

Another attempt with a different AVI. I think this is much better and I hope someone will comment. Please remember I'm learning. This AVI is from 22:10 and the seeing may have been a little better and thus it is clearer and has more detail. 

post-18051-0-29624200-1424632430.jpg

Hi, I hope you don't mind but I downloaded and tweaked you last image because I can see you have got plenty of detail there. Just a little tweak with the colour balance. What camera are you using?

Best regards,

Ralph

post-4992-0-05241700-1424637130.jpg

Hi. I just simply adjusted the colour balance reducing the green and playing about with the rgb sliders to try and get a more neutral image. You certainly have got plenty of detail. I used Photoshop but any graphics program would allow you to do this. I have never used the QHY OSC but they have an excellent reputation with the same innards as the ASI cameras I believe.

best regards,

ralph

Archived