SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunt 60mm on order.....boom

Bryan h

After paying for the Lunt 50mm and then being told that the earliest I could get one could be late April I made an impulse decision and went for the 60mm.

I can't wait it should be here in just over a week but the down side is that my wife thinks I've paid for the 50mm which she was just about on board with.....but I have a master plan I do not intend to tell her.

Excited.

I have been using my 127 mak and 12" dob for a few years,so I just decided to venture into h-alpha observing after the initial heart attack at how much it would cost to get started I went for the 50mm but the wait was to long.

I looked at all the reviews and took some advice and the Lunt seemed to come out on top most of the time.

Lucky for me my wife has no interest in astronomy and when I try and talk to her about it I can see the shutters going down so I should safe.

I have the 50 and have been really pleased with it so can only think you will be really pleased with the 60

I have had so many WOWS with this since Christmas when I got it .I ordered it through the widescreen centre four days before Christmas and got it two days later ,I was not aware the shortages some companies had of them so feel lucky in this respect.

That's exactly what I did. Ordered and payed for a 50 mm but the wait was very long so made the decision to pay the extra for a ls60tha. The difference is I told my girlfriend and she took it well. It's a superb instrument, you won't be disappointed. Due to the weather over the last month, I've not used mine for over 3 weeks now.

Sneaky tactics by Lunt? But when it turns up and the standard cloudy weather passes I'm sure I won't care.

On another note do people just randomly add people on here as I have naff all people on my friends list.

Also I may do a little first light report.

Could this be a ploy by Lunt to boost the sales of the 60?- Cynical? Moi?    :grin:

From what I have seen on other forums, Andy Lunt and the team are very conscious of the delays, but have decided not to get the 50mm out unless it's bob-on (technical term :grin: ). I would agree with this approach rather than sending out products and leaving it up to the paying public to beta test (that's how companies lose their good name and customers).

I personally think they should not have released ANY Kind of release date. They should get there brand new product tried and tested and allowed themselves any teething problems and then made a small batch to dispatch around the world. In the mean time producing another batch in time to cover. I can understand that they don't mass produce with the instrument being so expensive and time consuming to produce but to release a date and allow consumers to pay and THEN wait for them to get the product to there standard is a bit much.

I'm not knocking lunt in any way, just think they could have things differently. It's bad luck on there part with having mechanical issue with there manufacturing process and there suppliers of the objective getting the dimensions wrong. I certainly DO NOT think it was a ploy to get people who pre ordered the 50 mm to upgraded to the 6th because they were fed up of waiting. Yes I was fed up and opted to pay the extra for the 60 mm but that was MY OWN personal choice.

I agree Skem ......

Stating a delivery time causes all kinds of fuss if long delays occur, this is compounded when you learn it was never a realistic delivery time from the start.

As it goes I would not mind if I knew I had to wait from the offset and it boggles me more because most solar observers would understand and accept the extra wait :shocked:having to pay up front only compounds proceedings.

I do have some sympathy for the retailers as we all know things can happen that are out of their control and most astronomy retailers are small businesses :laugh:

The wait for the 50 is crazy I also paid all the money upfront then found out after I got a few calls that I was looking at around 3 months.

I hear that some people are still waiting after ordering it last summer,so I smashed my bank balance and went for the 60mm which I'm getting tomorrow.

Archived