Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My "Black Widow 8 in. and Widow Maker 80mm"

I've almost got it all together just a few more bits and pieces and I'll be long exposure AP. I received my 505 cable , linked desktop to laptop via teamviewer control , Starry night is loaded and ready, My mono CCD is wired just waiting on the rain and clouds to leave. These nights of teen temps is too much for my severe authritis and severe spinal cord injury.

post-39008-0-01172500-1422840317_thumb.j

Perhaps a signature with your kit listed would be nice. :grin:

Agreed with above. That looks like one of my scopes. Has your computer connection through the 505 worked well? If so, whose brand did you go with? I need to build a few more myself to string all my video-gear through.

Nice to see you again, by the way!

Clear Skies (someday),

Dave

Good job on the signature. And I was pretty much on the mark: I have a 200mm F/4 Orion-branded rich-field Newt, which is the direct predecessor of your astrograph. And mine, too, is riding on a LXD55 mount. Which is not the mount it came with - obviously! What are the odds? LOL!

These scopes are great! And these mounts, which were given mixed reviews back in the day when they came out, I've found work very well indeed. Which is why I have 2 of them. When Meade came along with the LXD75, they sold off the remaining '55s for dirt-cheap. I hope you got yours that way, too. Bargain of the decade.

Clear Skies,

Dave

post-38438-0-12346000-1422928070.jpg

Awesome rigs my friend Dave, I started out in 75' after I fell out of a tree on the back of my head and wasn't allowed to play. My parents fear of hitting my head {no contact sports} so I spent my time staying up at night looking at the moon and stars. I did everything with one hand and I had no friends because I was different. Lxd55's rule and my  autostar is the awesome series with all the Goodies in it. It's not limited. Sweet for a used refurbed off one of my buddies that has a slew of them and he also does the repair if anything goes wrong or breaks. It pays to have good friends.

Dave I haven't  hooked it up , my body has taken a "JOLT" with the cold temps. I've been in constant pain for 2 days with no relief, I sure wanted to get out last night but, the body said otherwise. Good news , my refractor has sold so I now am waiting to ship it off . Then I can get an astro tech 50mm w/ helical for guiding.

Archived