Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Mak-Cass 127mm questions

Hi. I am very interesed in purchasing this scope but I have a few questions first.

Does this model need collminating regularly?

If so, is it differcult?

Is this model good for photographs? Video? Eye piece strong enough to hold a camera?

Is it okay to use in very cold weather, say a bit below zero? (I live in Alaska)

Anything else I should know? Thanks.

To answer a few of the questions

its a very good telescope, and requires little in the way of collimation, they tend to stay set unless handled very roughly

as for taking pictures (imaging), these are best suited to Luna and planet work, maybe some globular clusters and double stars

Hi. I am very interesed in purchasing this scope but I have a few questions first.

Does this model need collminating regularly?

If so, is it differcult?

Is this model good for photographs? Video? Eye piece strong enough to hold a camera?

Is it okay to use in very cold weather, say a bit below zero? (I live in Alaska)

Anything else I should know? Thanks.

Hello Rusty?

Once collimated they stay that way

Collimation is done from the rear so you can see the changes you make in real time - that makes it much easier than say an SCT.

As you live in alaska you may have problems with the thick grease Synta use - I have replaced all mine with Lithium and it was quite easy to do.

Cannot comment about photography but visually on the planets mine is sharp up to x130 ish

Archived