SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I was so close

This is the type of shot I am trying to get only with more stars in it, unfortunatly 5 mins later I was in a blizzard . Can you believe there were lights on the top of the mountain (Pen-Y-Fan) . It was minus 1 where I was god only knows what it was up there and the windchill

post-25141-0-71214500-1422747510_thumb.j

I think the only way you are going to get more stars is taking longer exposures, but if you do that the clouds will start to become blurred the only other way is to do a composite shot, one with the stars on a longer exposure and one with a shorter exposure with the clouds and layer them on top of each other.

Yes I should say this was taken off a tripod as I didnt even have time to set up the star adventurer as I could see the snow clouds behind me heading my way, this was just a desperate attempt to get something after driving out there. Where I took this was a laybye with a foot path I should be able to get a more decent composition and hopefully use the half speed rate on the skywatcher

Its absoultly stunning there and there are lots of places to set up but safety has to be first priority in this weather. We went up to Trecastle res and whithin two minutes we were in a blizzard so had to get off, this was on a lower main road on the way home. There is a bowl there full of craggy rocks  that I want to do but the weather was too bad at the time

Archived