Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Copernicus (annotated)

gnomus

This is a stack of 450 frames (out of 3000) taken last night.  

I have been impressed by the way that another forum member (Blazar) annotates his images, and I have tried to follow his style.  It helps a beginner like me enormously in learning the lunar features.  It's a bit time consuming though!  I hope it is all annotated correctly (please let me know if I have made a mistake). 

All comments gratefully received.

post-39248-0-13206600-1422722595_thumb.j

Looks great. But only since you asked, the 3 4 and 5 are out of kilter.

Still clear what you mean, though.

Thanks for posting.

Jings, so they are. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it for myself but won't repost, given that you've already highlighted it.

Regards.

That is some amazing work! So what imaging chain was used on the main picture of Copernicus? Simply outstanding.

C8 Edge - ZWO ASI120MM-S. Run through PIPP - then AS2 - then deconvoluted in Astra.

(Nearly a disaster - damn iPad changed 'deconvoluted' to 'den ovulated'!!!

C8 Edge - ZWO ASI120MM-S. Run through PIPP - then AS2 - then deconvoluted in Astra.

(Nearly a disaster - damn iPad changed 'deconvoluted' to 'den ovulated'!!!

Stupid question. I can assume that your not using a reducer on the scope right? At my age no ovulating is good in all regards LOL. Funny.

Nice Work Gnomus....thought I recognised the style ;-) 

Copernicus is a tricky one and you have captured it nicely....I still want another crack at it. I have  couple of images, but need to show them as they are this time. You will see why when I put them up ;-)

Lunar work really does suit the Edge's I think. Keep em coming...lots of converts to the Lunar (dark) side now ;-)

Nice Work Gnomus....thought I recognised the style ;-) 

Copernicus is a tricky one and you have captured it nicely....I still want another crack at it. I have  couple of images, but need to show them as they are this time. You will see why when I put them up ;-)

Lunar work really does suit the Edge's I think. Keep em coming...lots of converts to the Lunar (dark) side now ;-)

Thanks, Blazar. I'm still not ready to "walk on the rice paper" yet. I remain humble before my Sensei. ;-)

I'm really enjoying the lunar stuff. Nearly, 30 pieces of video last night! I may put one or two of the better ones up.

Oh I think you are more than ready....

Some people kind of ignore then moon seeing it a pesky blight on the night sky, blotting out DSO's, but there is just so much to see....we get so few clear nights...

Go for it....:-)

Archived