SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Scotland!

Calculon

Hello all!

Been interested in stargazing for the longest time, but circumstances have finally allowed me to dive in properly, and I recently took delivery of a 10" Dob. Despite the recent wind and cold have managed some observing time, primarily limiting myself to Jupiter whilst ticking a few other easy sights off of the list. Will be frequently returning to the Orion nebula too over the next few weeks, was absolutely blown away by it - as was my previously sceptical girlfriend! Not that I doubted it, but immediately knew I had made the right choice in diving in when I did.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and picking your brains for information regarding which stuff to buy next!  :grin:

Cheers!

Welcome !

you'll have plenty of questions in the coming months/years and if you don't get an answer here then you are in trouble :)

Good choice with the 10" Dob it's a cracking first scope.

Hiya, welcome to SGL :)

Check out the Central Scotland Observers Group..... google "CSOG" a forum based group who meet at a few dark locations in the Central Belt, usually short notice meets when the weather allows, you'd be made more than welcome to come along to one of our observing sessions. 

Cheers,

L.

Hiya, welcome to SGL :)

Check out the Central Scotland Observers Group..... google "CSOG" a forum based group who meet at a few dark locations in the Central Belt, usually short notice meets when the weather allows, you'd be made more than welcome to come along to one of our observing sessions. 

Cheers,

L.

Subject to lifts for the next few months unfortunately, but will bear this in mind - thanks!

Hi Calculon and welcome to SGL, I am sure you will get to grips with your newly acquired scope soon. Having a good aperture, many DSO subjects will be within your grasp, but we could all do with some settled weather, enjoy :)

Archived