Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Today is a GOOD day :-)

FLO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a lot of coffee! :coffee2:

It needs to be, we are all coffee fans here at FLO.

I am actually indebted to coffee because for the first year or two when FLO was only me I routinely worked until late, usually after 2am. Coffee kept me going! Indeed if it weren't for coffee FLO might not exist! Hence my SGL avatar. 

There are now eight of us so the cafeteria has been retired and replaced with a Nespresso coffee machine. Quick, easy and really nice coffee :smile:

Steve

It might make it to the end of next week, what about the one after that?

One strange fact I recall is that espresso coffee has somewhat less caffine in then normal coffee. :confused:

The roasting of the beans to get the high roast taste and flavour destroys the caffine. :eek:

So when people boast of having a double espresso to give them a caffine kick, they are not getting one, it is all in the mind. :grin:

One strange fact I recall is that espresso coffee has somewhat less caffine in then normal coffee. :confused:

I hadn't noticed that but I'll use that argument when my wife next comments on my coffee consumption :smile: 

Steve 

On my fourth espresso of the day.....seeing this, I'm off to line up my fifth :D

That's the spirit  :icon_salut:

Nspresso.. that's going to get expensive quick!

Our coffee bill has always been rather high but we are coffee fans so we don't mind. 

SteveB is the only exception, he claims Nescafe instant is better. We suspect he is a reverse-snob... :grin:

Thats what I've been saying...  :mad:    :grin:

(James manages FLO's finances). 

Where's the tea ?

....... Tea? 

How much a cup do you charge your staff.

We pay 30p a cup out of a machine.

We get it free, Chrismas week. :icon_santa: .

Steve.

Nobody pays, it's a perk  :icon_king:

Cheaper than an in house Barista though :)

Natasha (works in dispatch) is a fully trained barista but she seems happy enough with Nespresso. 

But, if you all kindly upgrade your telescope this Feb I promise to upgrade our Nespresso to an Italian fully-automatic espresso / cappuccino coffee machine in gleaming stainless steel. 

What?.... No?.... Okay. It was just a thought  :biggrin:

My wife swears by her Nespresso machine. Coffe capsules are cheaper than Starbucks.

One reconmendation - always flush it through before every cup (or at least once a day) with a button press of hot water and no capsule... This has kept he machine clean and her coffee always tasting great...

Ian

My wife swears by her Nespresso machine. Coffe capsules are cheaper than Starbucks.

One reconmendation - always flush it through before every cup (or at least once a day) with a button press of hot water and no capsule... This has kept he machine clean and her coffee always tasting great...

We do that every morning. I agree, it does make a difference :smile:

I popped into see FLO last year, maybe the year before... guess what they had when i arrived... ?

Instant Nescafe :(

We saw you coming  :wink2:

Seriously, your visit was two years ago back when we were all crammed into one unit.

We bought the Nespresso machine about 18 months ago after I heard Grant wax lyrical about his. With the right pods it makes excellent coffee. You own one so I know you know how good it is :smile:

If anyone is considering buying one we use the Nespresso M190 CitiZ and recommend it. We buy our coffee from Nextdaycoffee, they have never let us down. 

Genuine Nespresso capsules are always good but recently we have switched to the Cafe Direct brand which are also good but cost less. 

Steve

Ahh old work had the commerical two head one with the milk in the centre.

Nspresso said we used it too much than it was designed/bought for... so with the commercial capsule cost.. and the rental... it was turning out expensive.

Ahh old work had the commerical two head one with the milk in the centre.

Nspresso said we used it too much than it was designed/bought for... so with the commercial capsule cost.. and the rental... it was turning out expensive.

I didn't know they made a commercial one, I'll investigate if this one fails :smile: 

Steve

Somewhere out of shot must be a stack of biscuits for dunking purposes :p

One great trick I learnt, was to get some chocolate fingers (or a twix), bite both ends off then use it as a straw to suck up the coffee. Once you feel the coffee coming out of the top, pop the chocolate finger in your gob for an explosion of coffee and chocolate..... mmmmmm..... (drools).

One great trick I learnt, was to get some chocolate fingers (or a twix), bite both ends off then use it as a straw to suck up the coffee. Once you feel the coffee coming out of the top, pop the chocolate finger in your gob for an explosion of coffee and chocolate..... mmmmmm..... (drools).

I found Carmel down worked best with Twix...

Cadburys Twirl tea straw is a secret guily pleasure of mine.

Apologies for mentioning tea in an otherwise coffee related thread!

Archived