Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tonight's Moon January 29th 2015

Leveye

Very good, especially for a single shot. I have a 1995 vintage C8, and those old scopes can really produce great images.

Thank you! I agree this was the end of an era for this company. I've used the imported SCT scopes they did soon after this series when the company was sold and was not very impressed unfortunately.  My main issue with my C8 is trying to find a decent Corrector/reducer for it. I purchased a new Antares a few days ago and the first night i tried it it made everything much much worse. I like to tinker so i took it apart to find that the lens elements had been installed in the incorrect order according to it's specific element design. So now after conferring with the manufacturer all the lenses are installed as they should and the very edges of the scope's image are still not as good as they can be. I must find an older Celestron that matches the scope I guess.

Archived