Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hard case for SW NEQ6???

xs2man

Hi guys.

So today I bought myself a NEQ6.  But now I am looking for a hard case, foam lined, for storage / transportation purposes.  Certainly don't want it getting damaged when I'm away out to find dark skies, or when it's being stored in between.

What are you guys using?

I have carried mine around in it the last few years and the previous owner had it a while before that... Carrying it by the handle is fine (counterweights separately) ...

This is the original Peli case not one of the cheap copies... Eye wateringly expensive but worth every penny-  I'm glad it came with it included in the price :)

Peter...

When I say carrying it is fine - I mean the handle doesn't feel like it's going to fall off - not that I could comfortably walk that far with it well not these days...

In my twenties I used to do the "farmers walk" with a full milk churn (about 90lbs)  in each hand for  a hundred yards without even thinking of it and then go back for more...

Peter...

I'm 63 and a skinny chick.

I'm healthy and not weak but I think walking across probably uneven ground with 50 kilos of precision gear is asking for trouble. Especially if the precision bit is surrounded by 20 kilos of loose steel in the same box.

An EQ6 will cope okay with 35kg load- it has been running like this for more than 2 years and delivering some nice images.

However- it needs to be properly balanced and controlled with care, so I would not normally reccomend running this kind of load on an EQ6.

• 1 year later...
On 29/01/2015 at 00:06, ArmyAirForce said:

I bought this flight case, actually a "Mixer Desk" case, and cut down the original polystyrene to fit in the base. I then used some squashy foam on top to keep it from rattling. Three years ago, it cost around £60.

scope4.jpg

What size is this case please?

Archived