Narrowband

Hello and thank you

omo

Evening all, i have been lurking for a while now, reading a veritable goldmine of information.

Its about time i said a very grateful thank you for beginning my education,   How many times have some questions been asked yet they are always answered patiently. I have never seen a forum quite like  this you are quite amazing.

i am newb to astronomy - rekindling a childhood interest almost 4 decades later. My main obsession is motorcycles and with it an interest in mechanics, seems i have got myself into another expensive hobby.  Particularly as i  may need to finally learn how to drive a box -  if dark skys are to be found. Which wont be too difficult in Angus  :grin:  Getting them clear appears to be a problem.

Kit wise, i have a SW ED80 and a HEQ5 linked to a laptop with a 8mm & 12mm Vixen NPL's and a 2x ED barlow, Not got to first light with it yet but have been familiarising myself with how it all works.

The plan is to get to know my way around the skies and then get into imaging. 

And ask some questions here of course

Grant

Welcome to the forum Grant and enjoy that very fine equipment that you have.

I also have a passion for bikes and though there are a couple that I will never part with,

another 1950's machine is I fear soon to be converted to Astro gear.

What is the world coming to! :grin:

Hi Grant,

Welcome. I'm a newbie too and I'm probably the one getting all the patient replies at the moment :lipsrsealed:

What are you riding at the moment? I too was into motorcycles, my last bike was a Honda Deauville 700. No jokes or jibes please! :laugh:

Hope you have fun with your set up...

Max

Max,  I have had a captain sensible vfr 750 for 9 years, no jibes this is not the place - but on the dark side lurks a KTM   :angel:

I have problems parting with them too Saganite   :grin:

Its nice to know that i made good choices with the equipment, that came with help from here.  But i do have a few concerns regarding the HEQ5, i'm a tinkerer at heart and not adverse to a bit of modification, so a few of you can guess where that will go, starting with a ADM dual saddle from FLO tomorrow morning  

Archived