Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader T-2 Prism Diagonal Where To Buy UK

adamw

Can anyone offer any advise on a reliable stockist to buy a baader T2 prism diagonal along with 2" nosepiece and 1.25" clicklock adaptor. I have checked the usual places i would go FLO etc, but they don't seem to sell them. I am hoping i can find them in stock somewhere in the uk.

Thanks

Adam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the places I use, Bern at Modern Astronomy often keeps a lot of Baader kit in stock, if not I would seriously consider Telescope Service from Germany as they almost certainly keep it and with the euro cost going down...?

If they have stock it's normally around a week I guess. The T2 version is more popular though, I waited about 4 months for more stock to be available so it's worth checking around. TS stock indicators seem fairly accurate, unlike some other suppliers

Thanks for the info everyone. The diagonal is showing awaiting stock on the TS website. I have just emailed them to see if they can tell me how long it might be. I was hoping to get one before kielder. It looks like i will probably have to wait, hopefully not 4 months though.

TS don't mess about. They had emailed me back within 10 mins. :smiley: they are expecting them in stock in around 10 days. looks like thats where my moneys going. Not too worried if not here in time for kielder but it would be a bonus.

A recent order, placed on Monday, arrived on Thursday? :)

I do choose UPS since they have a local distribution center.

They have improved their stock  level reporting, I sense...

Heck TS even understand my:

"Entshuldige, ich kann nicht deutch sprechen"

I sense they are (typically) better linguists  than me... :p

TS don't mess about. They had emailed me back within 10 mins. :smiley: they are expecting them in stock in around 10 days. looks like thats where my moneys going. Not too worried if not here in time for kielder but it would be a bonus.

seek me out and you can borrow my baader clicklock diagonal at Kielder until yours arrives. (i have 2 but will only need 1 there).

seek me out and you can borrow my baader clicklock diagonal at Kielder until yours arrives. (i have 2 but will only need 1 there).

Thanks for the offer, i might take you up on that. I have a perfectly good 2" dialectric mirror diagonal but i want the zeiss prism mainly for planetary. I have only heard good things so i hope i can see the difference . I will be ordering today along with T2-1.25" clicklock holder and 2" nosepice.

All odered 305 euros with ups delivery. Not sure what it has cost me in pounds yet but definately a saving on ordering from Uk. Next i need to convince the wife i need a 6mm SLV ep to sit next to the 5mm one :grin:

Surely it won't rain :grin: . I have managed to blag a hobbit hutch this time, it will be 5* luxury compared to my ususal tent.

i have fond memories of a particularly cold Kielder having a hut. Tip bring a long electric cable to plug power to run heater

It is one of the two over the bridge and up in the left hand corner near the trees. Steve has said he will run me some power in there. I will definately be taking the heater, i usualyl have one in my tent at the spring star camp. I seem to remember it wasnt too cold last Feb but pretty wet.

yes it is the first one. call and say hello. do you me to bring a power reel.

Cheers Mike, yes please if you have room it would be good to have  a backup plan. I am not sure where Steve runs the power cable from to reach the hobbit; they are quite a distance from the office. What day are you planning on arriving? I will be turning up on the Monday as i have to leave on the Saturday unfortunately.

i am coming on the wednesday. if you come on the monday will you be the only one there? Have the campsite confirmed that monday is ok as the Starcamp starts on the Wednesday

I will double check with Steve but yes i have  booked the hobbit from the Monday. I usually go early either Monday or Tuesday, although it doesn't officially start until Wednesday there are usually a few people arriving Tuesday. Kev and Lynn normally, i have seen  others there on the Monday as well before now. To be honest it  will depend on the weather forecast. If rain is forecast on Monday i will wait until Tuesday.

Archived