Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LP clip in filter.

K3ny0n

Hey people, I'm looking to buy a Astronomik LP clip in filter for my modded 1000d.

Am I correct in believing that I wouldn't need to buy the CCD version on my setup, I've read it depends on what type of scope you have and if your camera is modded ect.

I have a refractor and a DSLR which has had the filter removed with nothing put in it's place (Baader). So would I be okay buying the standard version and not the CCD?

Thanks.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey people, I'm looking to buy a Astronomik LP clip in filter for my modded 1000d.

Am I correct in believing that I wouldn't need to buy the CCD version on my setup, I've read it depends on what type of scope you have and if your camera is modded ect.

I have a refractor and a DSLR which has had the filter removed with nothing put in it's place (Baader). So would I be okay buying the standard version and not the CCD?

Thanks.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your DSLR has had all the filters removed then it is a full spectrum camera which passes the UV and IR and therefore you'd need the CLS CCD Clip filter which is IR blocked. The Baader replacement filter if fitted is IR blocked so you maybe able to use the cheaper CLS Clip which is not IR blocked. The question of the scope is something different as a mirror scope will focus the IR more or less at the same point as the RGB but a refractor does not.

A.G

Hi,

It does all depend on the mod you have had done.

Normally only one filter is removed, the frot one will have been left in place, this one has very good IR cut.

If you have had a full spectrum mod, meaning both filters removed, then yes you will need the CCD version, if you have had the normal mod, then you only need the Non CCD version, and you are best to check as there is quite a difference in price, the. CCD version being a lot more expensive.

Hope that helps

AB

Archived