Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First go with spc 900 and Jupiter

BillPickle

So seeing wasn't too great and i had trouble with all the settings in sharp cap and focusing but i done my best given the tempreture and brief break in the clouds.

All i used was a x2 barlow which looks like maybe it wasn't enough.

It did capture 2 moons in one picture though and the GRS was visible

Still not much detail showing so must still have something to learn or 114mm scope just isn't gonna give me the detail im after.

All learning though.

post-40820-0-11639000-1422243607.jpg

Capture 2015-01-26T02_31_35_pipp.bmp

Spc 900 Jupiter.bmp

A good start and effort, well done. The SPC 900 is a capable camera so keep with it. Good Seeing is very important as well as continued practice.

I'm not sure what software you're using but I hade great results with

WX Astrocap for capture, AS!2 for stacking with Regstax6 for wavelettes - finally using Gimp for processing.

Lee

Thanks folks, this time round I gave as2 a try and used wavelets in registax6 then photoshop cc.

If the sky is clear tonight I'm gonna try my x3 Barlow or 2 x2 barlows. Also I'm gonna bring a chair and table. I had a 30 min window last night and to any one seeing me messing with a telescope while holding a laptop and trying to focus the thing it must have looked a bit odd. Just as well Jupiter was high in the sky. I think the moons are Lo and granymede.

Thanks everyone.. at first i was actually dissapointed with the detail... having done the stacking at 3.30am this morning ive had another go and dunno how i managed to bring out the moons or which capture file it was... here is another from one of the 400 frame videos.

these were all 10fps, would shooting at 5 increase quality further?

Jupiter 26th Jan GRS.bmp

Using a X5 barlow will increase image scale, but it is also harder to initially find the subject and increases instability it the image run, but give it a go.

Once you've caught the bug you'll want a more steady mount and increase in aperture - welcome to astrophotography  :grin:

Lee

Archived