SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

No more sketches from Mike73?

JamesF

It's a great shame if Mike is giving up sketching, and even worse if he is leaving too.

I've always admired those who have the sheer concentration, and patience, to sit at a telescope Eyepiece for long periods, to transfer what their eyes

see, and then commit it to paper, and with extraordinary accuracy.  It is a discipline I could  ever  hope to do myself.

Mikes splendid work served to inspire others, and that is a sad loss too.

SGL wishes him well in whatever he decides to do.

We thank him for his fine contribution to this forum   :icon_salut: :icon_salut:. 

Ron.

I saw the ad. on AB&S and was shocked and saddened when I realised it was Mike's scope. I remember following his thread when he completed sketching all the Messiers, a truly prodigious effort. 

I am sure many on here have benefited from his skill and dedication and we all owe Mike a huge thank you.

Always a shame when somebody leaves Astronomy but, there can be so many reasons why people give up. His sketches will certainly be missed obviously he has got a great eye and very drawing ability, unlike myself!

The average UK sky conditions and ever increasing light pollution can not help though.

Archived