Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan Version 4

Astro_Baby

I have been out of the loop for a bit but notice Skywatcher website now has version 4 synscan for version 4 handsets. This is probably a daft question but does anyone know if version 4 software will run on the older version 3 handsets. I couldnt find anything on their site.

Also what mount does the V4 handset ship with...i assume all new mounts but thats just an assumption and if it does is it compatible with older motor board controllers ?

Anyone got any info ?

Mel

Don't believe that the V4 software will install on the V3 handsets.

No idea what the difference is but they seem to be in the situation of supporting V3 and V4 handsets that perform much the same function.

If I recall the SW/Synta loader identifies the handset and will only install the appropriate software.

No idea what identifies V3 or V4 and suspect no hatchet job is possible to convert.

I got a v4 with the eq8. I didn't notice till I had to upgrade the motor firmware with it. I never really use the handsets with my mounts as I use EQMOD. Looks like the same menu functionality to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting - I wonder what happened to the product they were going to have with a bigger display and iPod like functionality.  

Its interesting to know - it sounds as if either handset will work with older and newer mounts.

Thanks guys

ps I should have looked harder - just found this

http://www.telescope.com/assets/product_files/technotes/TN021_07-14.pdf

Yup - posted that link up the thread a bit - it was me being thick and not doing a proper search first time round and also not reading the Skywatcher site properly.  Thats what happens when you start faffing at 2 o clock in the morning after one too many shots of rum :)

I ran down the blurb and added it to my own online software history on my EQ6 pages - I haven't been around for a bit so the pages had gone out of date.  

Archived