Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax 6 Weirdness

Registax can do that.  I think, though I'm far from certain, that it's at least partially due to large differences in contrast between some of the frames in the input file.

If you run the file through PIPP and drop the darker frames or normalise them in the output, or just stack fewer frames in Registax, that might help.

James

Its caused by drift in the original movie.

You can make life a LOT simpler by ditching Registax for stacking and using Autostakkert instead. Its far faster, gives better results and much easier to use. Plus, if you are using a OSC camera, it uses a far superior de-Bayering routine than Registax which gives much better results.

Its caused by drift in the original movie.

You can make life a LOT simpler by ditching Registax for stacking and using Autostakkert instead. Its far faster, gives better results and much easier to use. Plus, if you are using a OSC camera, it uses a far superior de-Bayering routine than Registax which gives much better results.

I've had the same effect (though not quite so pronounced) on still frames where the target was already centred in the frame using PIPP, so perhaps there are a number of contributory factors.

James

I've had the same effect (though not quite so pronounced) on still frames where the target was already centred in the frame using PIPP, so perhaps there are a number of contributory factors.

James

I think that a low gain can cause it too James. Its one of the reasons why AS!2 is so much better....it doesn't get tied in knots, unlike Registax, by a less than perfect input AVI. Personally, I cannot see any reason to use Registax for stacking avi files. It's complicated, has many processing steps, slow and produces inferior results.

My ASI tends to blow out the brightest areas so I have to keep gain and brightness down. Maybe that's a SharpCap issue with the ASI. I never had this with my Phillips webcam.

I find PIPP very confusing! Can anyone give me a few pointers?

My ASI tends to blow out the brightest areas so I have to keep gain and brightness down. Maybe that's a SharpCap issue with the ASI. I never had this with my Phillips webcam.

I find PIPP very confusing! Can anyone give me a few pointers?

Just try AS!2 on it's own. I don't get that much improvement from using PIPP to be honest.

Archived