Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Bath

AlistairW

Its been a childhood dream to own my own scope, after many happy memories with my dad and a Fullerscopes 10" Newt on a homemade equatorial mount. So 30 years later I bought myself a pair of 15x50 binoculars, and started relearning the sky. 6 months later I have finally bought myself a 80mm William Optics, in fact it is on my desk - bought from FLO and a very helpful team (Big thanks to Martin). HEQ5 is not arriving to Monday, so I still have some waiting to do, and typically it's all clear tonight ... at least the bins will be out again .....

I know I am going to need some help with this hobby, but am sure I will be in good hands with the guys on this forum :-)

Alistair.

Hi Alistair and welcome to the forum. Just to let you know that there is a small group of people called the Bath Astronomers who are connected to the Herschel Museum in Bath and who occasionally observe as a group at Wellow. They meet up for meetings on a quarterly basis at the museum and although numbers are small, you will be most welcome to make contact and join in the fun.  :smiley:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi Alistiar,

Your in good hands here for any info and help, I'm new myself so am just getting to grips with it all.

This forum has some great tutorials and the members are more than happy to give adive.

Ian

Archived