SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturday 24th January 2015 Solar

Pig

Can this weekend get any better ? just after a triple transit of Jupiter the sun comes out.

Ha - Lunt 60mm and 9mm SLV

There is a lovely prom developing around the 2 O'clock position that is growing steadily, another very fine and slender prom in the 6 O'clock position protruding outwards quite a way from the surface. Between the 8 and 11 O'clock positions is also very busy.

Considering how low the sun is at the moment the surface is also very alive with lots of filaments and granulation swimming about.

White light - Equinox 80mm and Leica Zoom

There is an excellent sunspot in the 3  O'clock position, great detail to be seen... zoomed in using the 4mm SLV and it gets even better. Lets hope the skies stay clear for a while.

If there are any major developments I will keep all who have poor skies updated :-)

Why have my emoticons stopped working ?

Cheers Luke,

I am off to the steam room to warm up now but hopefully the seeing will improve as the sun climbs, the spot is very nice indeed :-)

There has been a lot of this nasty Flu about for quite some time now, it grounded me for 9 days over the Christmas period and I lost my voice for 5 of them. Its a whole heap better now apart from a persistent cough

Woohoo!

Total noob.

Had a white light filter for Xmas for the etx90, first chance I've had to use it.

Not great conditions here, but pretty good with a 26mm EP and then still good when added the 2x barlow.

It wouldn't take the 9.6mm, just a fuzz.

Very lovely first sunspot though, as you say, around about 3 o'clock.

I did, however, find eye placement tricky with the EPs, not something I experience in the night with the same EPs, is this something peculiar to solar observing?

Archived