Narrowband

What's going wrong here?!

Fordos Moon

I went to another target and it was fine but back on the horse head now and it happened again so its not the chimney! Could it be atmospherics causing moisture or similar between the scope lens and the DSLR - perhaps on the focal reducer?

My first thought is that it lookd like a reflection of some kind. Might be either fog, or dew/ice on mirror(s)/corrector. Odd that it goes away when you slew to a different target though..

I think the other targets had less bright stars in the field of view, so less apparent. Weird that it has happened all of a sudden.Using dew heaters and all sorts too.

It's possible. With my 200 PDS i kept on having dev issues, even with a front heater on high power (causing it's own set of problems). I finally found the solution tohugh, and it was amazingly easier and cheaper then i thoughy... simply cover the back of teh tube with aluminum foil.

Never had dew issues since on either primary, secondary or coma corrector with the front heater on just minimal heat (even in fog).. It also had anoterh good effect, as it turned out there was a bit of light leaking in fron behind the primary, wich is now all gone.

Note i have the OTA without a cover behind the primary though, i don't know how it would be on the older models who already have a cover back there.

Archived