Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TS 15x85 binos

denis0007dl

Here is my new 15x85 binos. I must admit that these model is exactly best bino which I wanted, stil enough light gathering power, with much lower, almost none colour abberation comparing Nikon 18x70 binos on daytime.

I am very happy with it.

20x110 was too big to my taste....

28vau60.jpg...back side...

...and look from top...

15cefd3.jpg

These are of course BA8 series from Kunming United Optics Corporation, very good binos, and great value for money. I am allergic on higher amount of colour abberation, and this mode is really great, collour abberations are almost invisible. This is present also in 7x50, 10,5x70 and 20x110 model of same binos.

25rd05z.jpg

Congratulations on the on the new binoculars. I have been thinking of these for some time, I have the 10.5 X 70 and I am pleased with them but even with my strong arms I think these would need some sort of tripod or mount,

Look forward to more from you on these.

alan.

Congrats on a great pair of bins. I have been tempted by those bins a couple of times, but the weight puts me off a bit. They should be brilliant on a good mount, but I would have to add extra counterweights to my P-mount, and maybe replace the arms by a something more substantial (my design allows for that). I might go for the slightly lower aperture, but much lighter Vixen Ark 16x80 instead. These are 50 g lighter than my BA-8 15x70. Optics seem to be in same league, if my comparison between my BA-8 and  the 20x80 Arks I made in Tuscany are anything to go by. Opticron sells an Ark clone as well.

Congratulations on the on the new binoculars. I have been thinking of these for some time, I have the 10.5 X 70 and I am pleased with them but even with my strong arms I think these would need some sort of tripod or mount,

Look forward to more from you on these.

alan.

I had 10.5x70 marine BA8 series, and I was pleased with them, but 15x85 reveal more, and they are not so heavy as they think so!

I also had TS 25x100, but they seems to be much heavier and bulky, but they have to much false colour to my taste, so 15x85 are indeed incredible!

I do observing on Andromeda, Orion nebula, comet Lovejoy 2014.....

Weather was not great, but was 7,5/10.

Lovejoy looks really incredible, very impressive!

In Orion nebulae I was able to see entire structure very clean, and I stayed without breath.....

Andromeda was also VERY impressive.....

Looking forward to throw look on Jupiter. I wondered if I could see any sighns of moons aound it.....

Will update observation infos as soon weather will permit me to do that!

Congratulations Denis :)

These BA8's really are super binos. I've had the 10.5x70 like your self, and I still have a pair of WO 10x50 ED BA8's for hand held which are great. I showed my wife Lovejoy and Orion Neb through the 10x50's and she said it was scary how much she could see with them! :D

Any reason for the 15x85 as apposed to the 22x85? or are you really using these handheld Denis ?  :eek:

Congratulations Denis :)

These BA8's really are super binos. I've had the 10.5x70 like your self, and I still have a pair of WO 10x50 ED BA8's for hand held which are great. I showed my wife Lovejoy and Orion Neb through the 10x50's and she said it was scary how much she could see with them! :D

Any reason for the 15x85 as apposed to the 22x85? or are you really using these handheld Denis ?  :eek:

I use it handhelg :smiley:

No problem at all to me!

• 2 weeks later...

I had 20x110 and sold recently because weight and lenght. It is great instrument for DSOs, as well for daytime observing, because amount of false colour are very low, and I find 15x85 model will be best compromise here in weight, transport, lenght, DSOs catching.....

TS 25x100 had too much false colours on daytime for my taste, and I am allergic when they are present in such percent as 25x100 model have.

Archived