Narrowband

M45 in LRGB

strutsinaction

Hi

Here's my first ever DSO, M45 in LRGB, taken with my new setup (see sig below)! It's only taken 6 months to get to this point  :laugh:

Details as follows:

Lum 20x60s 1x1, RGB 20x60s 2x2, sequenced and captured with SGPro and processed with PixInsight and Photoshop Elements.

My intention here was to test my end-to-end workflow with my new gear and software. Mount, scope and camera worked very well, no issues with PHD2 guiding, and I was really impressed with the SGPro Framing and Mosaic Wizard which simplified the process of target selection and sequence creation. Harry's excellent PixInsight videos helped me get up to speed with processing.

More data (more subs and longer subs) would help bring out the nebulosity and I need to experiment more with PixInsight but as a first attempt I'm well chuffed!

M45 LRGB

I acquired a Gerd Neumann Aurora flatpanel this week. Fortunately I hadn't moved my camera or focus since taking the M45 LRGB subs so was able to take L, R, G and B flats and include these in the calibration step. Flats make all the difference and were so easy to take with the SGPro Flats Calibration Wizard. This made it easier for me to enhance the nebulosity during the processing steps in PI and PSE11.

Regards

John

post-1421-0-82881800-1421872586_thumb.pn

Archived