Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Almost ready to guide

griz11

Finally the DEC axis for my rig will be here tomorrow. I am adding it so I can guide and do some narrow band imaging. I'm using a mini Borg 50 with an ADM dual saddle plate and rings. Going to use a Lodestar for the guiding camera. The DEC module also includes the GM-8 electronics and hand controller. So I'll have 3 more rates and several different speeds to use for guiding. PEC and backlash compensation is also included with the new electronics. Going to use PHD for guiding software I've looked at several and might try some others but PHD works great as far as I can tell from reading forum posts. Probably could have done this cheaper but I've had a Borg before and loved the scope so I know its going to work for me and the Lodestar also has wide support and a good review from the guy that wrote PHD. Can't wait to get it all put together and tested out.

Griz

Dec axis encodered and installed. New electroics and hand control as well. Can't wait to try it out. Dual saddle should be here tomorrow. Another week or so to get the rest.

Rig.jpg

Now all I have to do is resist the temptation to put a nice 100mm refractor on that puppy :)

Griz

Just have one more piece to come in now. The mini Borg came in today. Well I say one more piece the ADM rings haven't gotten here they are in some post office black hole. They should have been here today so hopefully tomorrow. The camera won't be here till Monday which will be the first clear night :)

Borg.jpg

Griz

Well its all here. The Lodestar and the counterweight. Now to figure out how to hook it all up. And of course clouds have moved in. I can get this working in the house though. Lodestar is nice so tiny. Now my rig looks proper rig with wires coming out of everything. Well back to work I'll take some pics later and post them up. Might have to have a wee dram to celebrate :)

Griz

Archived