Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Autumn Starparty 2015

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Damian,we were getting withdrawal symptoms as by now we have usually had a few Cumbria Star parties at a friends farm in  ( Longtown unfortunately that has not been possible due to unforeseen circumstances,)  with luck they may be reinstated next year,you have been occupied with your scope build and it`s no wonder you did not see the post.

We just thought it would do us good to get some sky time and as you know Lesley`s is a great location,if you want a break from mirror making come up ----if you bring your mirror we have plenty of brasso and brillo pads :Envy:  :Envy:  :Envy:  :Envy: (Derek`s idea :rolleyes: ),hope alls well with you see you in Nov.

Regards

Mike

Yeah think I've missed that one?

Preoccupied isn't the words I'd use but politely put

I May take you up on that one Mike as I have the kind offer of a loaner scope if I need one and sometimes you need a break and see what it's all about

Damian

Drat it clashes with my wedding anniversary so November it is!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Ohh Boy!

You could always tell her it was romantic to spend some time in a tent, in a field, in the wet and.........

OK. OK. I suppose you would never get away with that one!

Does she like whiskey? There is always plenty around......

We'll have to get together and think up some real good reasons for you ;)

Derek

Mrs Uplooker is very accepting normally, just complaining about the amount boxes / kit sat in various rooms around the house. quite happy for me to attend star parties, I do have to limit quite how long I am away as she works shift and we also have two young children.However, we have recently moved into a new house and there were certainly more than raised eyebrows when i staked my claim on a area of the garden to locate an observatory :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dom,electric hookup pitches are still available,but you will need to book in advance as these go quickly,non refundable ,best to take pot luck on a non electric pitch and ring a day before you should be ok. book direct with the campsite ,Lesley will keep you right,it is well worth the trip.

Looking forward to meeting you if you make it,

Regards

Mike

Hi Dom,we just take things as they come,we usually have speakers on the Saturday afternoon,if the weather is inclement we always fall back on whiskey tastings of which there is a good variety on hand,and there is always good food somewhere on site.

There are good walks in the area,a local golf course and plenty of bike trails,and there is always plenty of astro repairs going on in one form or another,have a read of previous starparties to give you a flavor of the setup.

Regards

Mike

Archived