Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

By eck

Thom

Chilly indeed, just packed because it looked like my C8 had iced up, few minutes in front of a fan heater soon sorted it but feeling has only just returned to my toes!!!! Might brave another brief session before bedtime :-)

-2C at present here and dropping.

Was trying to see Uranus as it is close to the moon tonight (above and left) but after 15 minutes had to retreat back inside to get a bit of heat back into me.

Wouldn't mind but still seems to be a high mist or haze and well and plain cold.

Yes a lot of moisture in the air here as well. Going to be a heavy, [removed word] frost tonight I think. I have imaged the moon but had to retreat as everything was beginning to freeze over.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I gave it up about 1/2h ago from early evening. Seeing and transparency excellent locally but then went off around 9ish. Shame, jupiter was a boiling bowl of mush by then.

Had ice on patio all day.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

I wimped out about an hour ago, there was ice on everything and the patio was getting quite slippy. 

Not complaining good to be out and observing and not spending all my time going through the forum

Good luck guys and girls and have fun.

I'm running a 2 hour sequence of [NII] subs of NGC281. Unlike my earlier run they look OK. Whether I'll continue with some Ha subs I don't know. Transparency deteriorating here too. May knock it on the head.

We were getting a frost on the grass here at 5pm when I shut the chickens up for the night.  There was solid ice on the car roof, too.  The wind looks to be calming down tomorrow (before taking off again on Tuesday) and I was hoping to get the roof on the beer shack, but I might bottle it if it's that cold.

James

Lasted about an hour, largely thanks to thermals. Hard frost all over. Did my usual tour of doubles and first Jupiter this winter. Had to come in, fingers beginning to hurt! Checked outside temp. It was minus 7C.

Are we mad or what!!!

Dunno why I bother  :mad:

Despite all my checking before starting my sequence the subs were still binned 4x4 as I'd had them for framing. 2 hours worth of imaging written off. And the guide graph was my best yet.

I really think I'm not meant to image The Pacman, it's been just one gotcha after another.

At least we've had some really nice clear nights despite the severe cold.  The evening of Xmas day was glorious with very little Moon and the Milky Way was clearly visible with binoculars.   For me, a lot of viewing of Jupiter recently but last night I spent nearly a couple of hours just with the binoculars and tripod in -5C...  A large rum afterwards was needed to warm up  :)

Archived