Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Xmas sun in H-alpha

michael.h.f.wilkinson

Some lovely proms visible at the moment. A hedge row of proms can be seen on the eastern limb, with a large, separate prom to the north. On the western limb, a huge flame consisting of multiple things threads of plasma could first be seen. Later, this turned into two huge mirror-image question marks, full of little strands and blobs. I briefly spotted what looked like a gossamer thin arc linking the northward question mark into a full arc, with a little blob close to the northern end. This blob fell back to the surface quickly, and the things arc vanished. The question marks remained stable.

The surface show quite a few ARs with a couple of sunspots and plage areas. Well worth a look.

Very nice views indeed, the 3 O'clock proms are still looking wonderful, maybe even a tad more detail than yesterday

I have just tried my Tal Barlow for the 1st time in white light, very impressed indeed, one cant even tell it is in the light path :laugh: 

Archived