SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is f2 ok for this?

I finally got all my equipment working. Thanks to everyone in SGL giving me good advice.  I am pretty new to AP and got this on my 3rd night with this equipment. I was wondering about the stars being different colors though? 

Atik 490M

Hyperstar

Edge 11 HD

Ha

OIII
SII

Maybe it is time to take it to photoshop? I have only been processing in Maxum DL so far. I am finding the blending of colors for NB quite a challenge. 

Is it ok to have the Bubble Nebula and the Cave Nebula in the same shot? 

bubblecave 1.tiff

How you frame it is up to you but looking at the stars there seems to be a tilt to the sensor plane, not much but @ F2 there is not a lot of room for any errors. Your colours seems to dominated by the red Ha, how much Oiii and Sii have you collected?

A.G

Interesting on the tilt. 

1) How exactly can you tell about a tilt?

2) Since hyperstar is on the front with the camera behind it could it be a mirror tilted or maybe the front lens where it attaches to the scope tube.

3) Hyperstar is colluminated by actually bending its housing of itself with its own screws. If you collumate too far you can not unscrew it. 

3) Could it just be collumation?

4) Good eyes. I could not gather enough SII. A tree got in the way. I usually use equal amounts of each but this on it didint happen

11x360 Ha

11x360 OIII

1x360 SII

I also had to change the color balance in Maxum or it cam out purple or some other crazy colors. 

Thanks for the tip on posting the photo in the post.post-39807-0-57851200-1419249116_thumb.j

Look at the stars in the middle, these seem to have a reasonable shape though the tilt is more towards the left. The right hand and left hand side stars are elongated and the ones on the left also exhibit a touch of coma. You can try and adjust the tilt by using the screws on the hyper star housing but before you fiddle with all that do make sure that your guiding is spot on.

A.G

Archived