SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter last night

Thom

Not great seeing as a lot of moisture in the air leading to LP. Also discovered that the lack of an IR pass filter is making the image fuzzy (thanks Jannis). Finally, capturing software kept freezing up requiring a restart each time and then Jupiter eased behind some branches!

All in all, great fun though! 'If it were easy, everyone would be doing it!'

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

post-40606-141917097372_thumb.jpg

post-40606-141917099233_thumb.jpg

post-40606-141917099614_thumb.jpg

Exactly Thom, the fun is in the challenge.  Good set of images given all the problems.  Why is your software freezing - is it a hardware thing.  I've had similar experience but I'm hoping my new laptop will perform the task better.

Jim

Yes, quite right Freddie. I do need a Barlow. I used to have a lovely Tal x2 and a Revelation x3, but I had a few months off this year and now can't find them! I did sell some spare kit but I thought I kept the Barlows. That's why a new pc is down the list.

Indeed the fun is getting your own pics whatever the result ;) If that wasn't it then we would just go buy books of Planetary pictures...

Nice job though, you had a lot of difficulties to overcome

Archived