Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anybody visited here?

scottydog

Am I just missing it or do they not give the actual location ?

Nearest I can get is their STD code of 01409 but that does not fully match with mention of "coastal" and Bude (01288).

I always like to have an idea of the specific location and for somewhere advertising holidays and accomodation I would have expected a given location to be very fundimental.

It is near Holsworthy. Once you book and have paid the final balance then you get proper directions etc. It seems the skies are very dark at this particular location...just hoping for clear skies now....and NO :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2:

I am not surprised they don't give a precise location, there is a map on the web site, I would say a car would be a necessity coming & going & getting out, shops, pubs etc.  Have stayed there twice and as luck would have it had a couple of good clear nights each visit, good sky's with no local lights to intrude, occasional car passing on the road not really a problem.  Nice scopes, big dob & imageing setup in the obs. Very helpful, lots of advice and very friendly. Lodges were spotless and well kept, warm and everything you need. Take a red torch for getting to the scopes at night. Murray and Tony were quite happy to spend time advising and I had the feeling if we were not using the scopes then they would be.  Would recommend and be happy to visit again.

I am not surprised they don't give a precise location, there is a map on the web site, I would say a car would be a necessity coming & going & getting out, shops, pubs etc.  Have stayed there twice and as luck would have it had a couple of good clear nights each visit, good sky's with no local lights to intrude, occasional car passing on the road not really a problem.  Nice scopes, big dob & imageing setup in the obs. Very helpful, lots of advice and very friendly. Lodges were spotless and well kept, warm and everything you need. Take a red torch for getting to the scopes at night. Murray and Tony were quite happy to spend time advising and I had the feeling if we were not using the scopes then they would be.  Would recommend and be happy to visit again.

Thanks Mick, that was the sort of reply I was hoping for! :icon_cool::biggrin:

Archived