Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

We all been there at some point

Starlight 1

Went out last night after spending some time during the day making sure everything was working ok.  By the time I had set up, feet and hands getting cold, brain starting to shut down, looking through the camera couldn't see any stars, so decided to run a few subs, just so I could see if anything came up on the camera screen, but not a thing.  Took the camera off and went through the camera menu but nothing obvious, so put the camera back on and tried again.

Half hour gone by and still nothing so decided to pack up and go home. Just as I was taking it apart it hit me that the scope cap was still on!!

If not quite there, almost. The other night banged my head against the wall wondering why AA5 was showing no image from my 694. As I was dismantling to come in, I found the power lead disconnected. I must have pulled it in the dark.

Fortunately I had time to re-connect everything and start again.

I've done similar with the PST :) the little solar finder doesn't require the lense cap being removed.

I've also done the CCD power lead thing, that's very annoying. I usually dismantle in the same order each time, with the ccd power lead being pretty much the last lead I remove and pack away. So when I noticed that everything was pretty much packed and put away.

:(

It's refreshing to see how honest you all are in owning up to your stupidity  :p

BTW I've also left the scope cap on - more than once - and just to show I'm as stupid as the next person also tried to look through the EP with it's cap still on  :eek:

Never done the leave the lens cap on one. I've not had a scope with end caps to leave on. I have forgotten to put the optical part into my SIPS focuser a few times and been left wondering why I can't get focus :rolleyes: does that count?

Most certainly, YES

Ian

I can't imagine doing that, and I can't imagine leaving the baht mask on, or forgetting to plug the guide camera in, or forgetting to charge the power pack...honestly I can't imagine it ;).

Uh oh! Your nose is growing longer, Scott ...

Went out last night after spending some time during the day making sure everything was working ok.  By the time I had set up, feet and hands getting cold, brain starting to shut down, looking through the camera couldn't see any stars, so decided to run a few subs, just so I could see if anything came up on the camera screen, but not a thing.  Took the camera off and went through the camera menu but nothing obvious, so put the camera back on and tried again.

Half hour gone by and still nothing so decided to pack up and go home. Just as I was taking it apart it hit me that the scope cap was still on!!

No I haven't been there

Over the years I've:

-Forgotten to polar align.

-Forgotten to balance.

-Forgotten to start guiding.

-Forgotten to start the camera cooler.

-Forgotten to add a minus to the slew/solve coordinates and imaged a random piece of sky (a recent addition to the list).

-Forgotten to change the file name leading to trying to stack two different targets.

I'm sure the list is even longer than this.

I finally arrived at destination stupid. Got my star adventurer set up started taking pics and realised that I had forgotten to start the mount up. I then realised that my last time out I had forgotten to turn the mount off and the batteries were flat. I had forgotten to pack spares  :iamwithstupid:

I went out last night without my red light. I forgot it due to rushing. During an eyepiece change I clunked the bottom of my UHC filter on a diagonal clamp screw. I've scratched the filter, not too pleased about that. I need to remind myself not to rush and to make sure I have everything sorted before heading out.

Hehe, love it :) i went out the other night and my camera would not connect, after a frustrating 10 mins reloading drivers etc, I found I'd plugged the USB cable into the ST 4 socket in the dark!!!!!

My new fix is to keep an empty rj11 in the socket!

Ray

Archived