Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible flare? AR2242, 16th December

Iainp

I just watched the BBC Weather on TV which told me that there are beautiful clear blue skies above me right now, but looking out the window all I see is heavy grey cloud form horizon to horizon.  Until I've worked out whether my eyes are deceiving me or the BBC, I'm playing around with images from earlier in the week.

This is an 8 frame sequence of AR2242 taken over a 23 minute period from 11.37 GMT to 12.10 on 16th December. Is this a flare do you think, or just a very active region? Seeing was terrible unfortunately.

post-9374-0-34737900-1419068413.gif

Nice catch. I'd love to get an anim on a flare like that :cool:

Supposed to have clear gaps here too. Am a bit doubtful looking at sat24 but have set up anyway, as that sun was looking a cracker yesterday with those two big regions! So wanna be ready just in case!

PS with the MetBeeb, sometimes they still got the forecast wrong after adjusting it after it had already happened! :rolleyes:

Good luck, Iain, I think we might need it looking at sat24! I will need some cloud to magically break up I think, you never know. Forecast for tomorrow is complete cloud so probably it will be sunny :grin: Another day, another duff forecast :grin:

Archived