Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last day this year ?

Davey-T

Just had a quick look at the Sun and it looks like Its going too low now, can't complain as it means it's only out of imaging range for about five days a year.

Tried with the SCT and DSLR and discovered that apart from the trees in the way, when it's windy the Badder film flaps about making it impossible to focus.

Got a nice ten minutes through the LS60 zoomed in with Baader zoom, could only make out one nice prom on the west side and ARs 2241 and 2242, I think, looking good, not sure about which way was up as I had the pier fully up and had to stand on tip toe, eyepiece hanging vertically down with back to the Sun so got a bit disorientated  :)

Any one else out looking ?

Dave

Had a peek through the branches - and I always find it difficult to achieve focus, despite knowing that the branches shouldn't be part of my view! The sun's only half visible over my garden horizon for a very short time at present, so need to get out in those too-few minutes.

Can confirm the large prom on the south-west limb but couldn't see much else to make me carry on fighting to find focus. Retired indoors for a late lunch ...

Sorry to hear you'll be missing a few , I'll endeavour to keep you posted in "white" at least ...  :p

The 'loose' Baader film will not affect the focus , mine is very slackly fitted and rattles around in the breeze , what will ruin it is even a small twig in the foreground , it may appear to be just a darker line/patch wafting about in the image/view but it will create havoc with the focus , I can tell immediately when the greenery starts to creep into the picture ...  :smiley:

Archived