Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

cheap windows tablets @ staples

Just a heads up for those that like to link their mounts and cameras up to a laptop. Staples are selling the linx tablet range. Just got the 8" model for £49.99, otherwise 10" is £79.99

Proper windows 8.1 tablets and the 8" can be charged by USB.

In store still available, reserved one in derby, and apparently lots of stores still have stock. I just rang to reserve.

Think there might be £50 cashback on on the 10" making it £39.99. I decided against the 10" as I already have an asus t100 and surface pro plus it doesn't charge by usb, which will be useless with my celestron powerpack.

Really wish I could edit posts! Still, its getting my post count up.

Have also ordered one of these a few weeks ago (not arrived yet)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MRMK6CG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Will allow you to charge and use the usb ports at the same time, so could in theory link to a usb serial port for the mount, usb for a webcam/guider/dslr and have ports available for a keyboard, memory stick, usb monitor etc

Is the cash back only if you hand in an old tablet of your own?

Think so, remember someone saying the playbook doesn't qualify which is a shame. Just picked mine up, no office voucher inside so i'll need to check with staples.

Screen looks great, nice and bright and no dead pixels. Comes nearly charged too. Seems just as quick as my surface pro when browsing. Got a feeling wife will be having it if i can't mend her nexus 7 screen.

Derby had 4 left as of an hour ago. Trying to decide whether to pick up another...

Sorted we just picked up the 10 inch, full blown window 8.1 laptop (add wireless keyboard and mouse) for 79.98 what is there not to like.

Chuffed.

Nice one, the price for the 10" is fantastic and that one seems to sell out quicker so well done for getting one.. Its a fair bit heavier than the 8 so hopefully your battery will last longer. Only negatives for me are 4-5 hour battery life and the touch sensitive windows icon in landscape mode which i keep hitting when scrolling.

Yes that of a tempting thought, might do some reading on the cash back offer but we have no paper work from staples saying it qualifies the one we bought for the cash back. Won't be opening the box yet as it is our Christmas present so can't see if it is in there.

10 will be our dud laptop replacement.

I use my nexus 7 for lots of things so didn't make sense to get another the same size.

Really pleased to see it has a micro usb port.

I rang our nearest branch to check stock before my partner drove there, 13 available at 9:40 and when he was there he was the first of another 2 buyers so I guess they might have gone quick.

Hmm, Staples website doesn't seem to have this deal shown anymore.

Only use I would have for a Windows tablet would be as a replacement for my office laptop which is big, heavy, and a bit slow, but it definitely would not be able to replace the 1600x1200 display which I make very good use of (and to buy a monitor with that resolution defeats the object, it has to be portable).

Ah well.

Archived