Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very lucky Geminid catch

starman1969

What camera did you use? That is the picture of the year.

I went out in my garden in sw London at 8pm to see the Geminids. In 30 minutes I saw 4 meteors. I was able to use them to identify the origin. I read that there would be more showers later in the evening.

Then I decided to return at 12 midnight in the knowledge that at worst I would double the number of viewings in 30 minutes. I saw nothing. What's going on?

What camera did you use? That is the picture of the year.

I went out in my garden in sw London at 8pm to see the Geminids. In 30 minutes I saw 4 meteors. I was able to use them to identify the origin. I read that there would be more showers later in the evening.

Then I decided to return at 12 midnight in the knowledge that at worst I would double the number of viewings in 30 minutes. I saw nothing. What's going on?

Thanks. I used a D800E with a 200mm f2.8 lens for that. I was very surprised at the amount of detail in a single image. To get a Geminid flying past was the icing on the cake.

Archived