Narrowband

how do you keep yours

brrttpaul

Hi guys I was wondering how do you keep your mounts and bits and bobs safe, I have the star adventurer and so far it is still in its cardboard box but I was looking at some aluminium cases on amazon and thought they would be good to keep it in along with some foam, anyone else does this or do they use something else

Paul

A flight case is normally fine and on the whoel a touch more than most use, Id not look at astro site for flight cases, but Music Equipment cases, you might need to mooch a bit more but could well save on the "Astronimical" price tag.

Couple of cases, one for eyepieces, the other for bits and pieces out in the field (collimator, finder, barlow, filters etc). Great idea of Earl's to look at music stores; they often have similar gear (cases, seats, dollies etc) at relatively cheaper prices. I really like Thomann. They offer an excellent service and can help a lot.

Tripod and weights stay in the shed, the mount head is kept indoors resting on a bed of bubble wrap.

My other bits are kept in a toolcase with lots of compartments, in no particular order (but I still know where everything is.... usually!). I was thinking about getting/making an indoor mount where I can keep the telescope, which at the moment also has its own "bed" :)

My mount (Tripod) is stored under the bed, as is the OTA but in a Geoptik padded bag. The mount itself I have a large plastic container with a snug fitting lid. In with the mount goes the finder and all eye pieces (in their boxes).

Its fine for just lugging downstairs but if I ever do some serious traveling to a dark sky reserve i'll need a padded ep case.

Plastic waterproof equipment cases from eBay or from Trifibre

Lots of sizes, heavy duty plastic, waterproof.

keep my smaller scopes, eyepieces and CCD camera & Filters in them

d656e356398378a68f6d80abaf3ef188.jpg

Larger stuff I keep in Telescope quilt bags they do them for EQ6 Mounts and OTA's

Heavy duty padded and water resistant to a degree?

892b718986a1594e76ef17e68adb9fbe.jpg96a064c22894f1913c4be4e320e23706.jpg964efe242bb06d7ac39a3dd03d7fb016.jpg

Archived